Thursday, October 16, 2008

Girl Scouts...





Karlen has been in Girl Scouts for many years- she started as a Daisy in Kindergarten, then on the Brownies for a few years, Juniors for a couple more, then she bridged to Cadettes last May. They are working for a few years on their Gold Award, which I hear looks really good on a college application. Here are some pictures of Karlen and the girls she has been with for many years, including her best friend Christie. The troop leader is Nancy Crites, with Rosalee Clute filling in as her assistant. I think it's a great thing for the girls to stick with it and stay involved, although sometimes Karlen doesn't want to, but I encourage it... I tell her it's good for her! :)

3 comments:

Lori said...

how great is it that she still does Girl Scouts. I remember meeting you for drinks while she was at her meetings when she was in 2nd grade

Largaespada Family said...

Great pictures! I need to talk to you sometime about girlscouts. I wonder if my shy little Annalise would like it?

Unknown said...

So awesome! I need to get off my duff and get my girls started for this year. It's just been so hard to get motivated since we lost Delaney.... I think this may be the kick I need - I want my girls to have this!