Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My daughter...





I blog about all different kinds of things in my life. Well, this is a tribute to my 14 year old daughter Karlen. Karlen is a pretty good girl in spite of different things that she has been through in her short lifetime - her father chosing not to be involved in her life, going through my divorce, several moves, loss of pets, etc. I have to say she is a wonderful girl with a love for Jesus, her love of children, animals. She does well in school- she is a freshman this year and taking 4Honors/Advanced classes, so she has a full load. She is quiet, doesn't like to talk too much about what's going on with her, at least not to me! She went on her first Mission Trip this summer. She is really a sweet daughter, she has helped me out so much since I had this surgery. She walks the dog every night, takes out the trash, does laundry, cleans, does dishes. I am so appreciative.

While being a single mom has been hard, a challenge, a struggle, it has also been a joy, a privilege, and a blessing and I wouldn't change a thing! I am so thankful to our God who has always provided during all times of our lives. I love you Karlen!

("A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling." Psalm 68:5)

6 comments:

Lori said...

I knew when Karlen was just 6 (when I met her) that she was a special kid who would be successful in whatever she set her mind to do. It still blows my mind that she is in high school. I'm sure she doesn't even remember who I am, but I do remember spending time with her when we worked together. you are certainly blessed to have such a wonderful daughter

Kelly said...

She is a good girl. That is such a testiment to how you have raised her!! You are doing a great job!!

Largaespada Family said...

As I was reading your blog, Annalise walked in and saw pictures of Karlen and said...

"Mommy, there's Karlen! I love when she babysits us!"

Well, there you go! You have a very much loved girl! She has such a sweet, soft spirit. And we, as parents, also love when we get the opportunity to have sweet Karlen taking care of our children!

Love,
Jaime

Jackie Sue said...

That's a sweet tribute to your girl. Just sweet. So glad things are going well. :)

Sherri said...

You two are precious. There's nothing like a daughter...I would have had 20 children if that's what it took to have one daughter. Luckily, I had her on the first try :)!
It sounds like your daughter is a sweetheart!

Unknown said...

Karlen's amazing. We are so happy to have such a positive influence in our girls' lives!