Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pray for me today...






I have an appointment this morning with Dr. Craig Jones at Orlando Orthopedic Center, he's an orthopedic oncologist. I am getting a 3rd and final opinion on the issues I've been having with my foot. Here is a little history: I went back to the doctor last Monday to get the results from my MRI. I have Plantar Fasciitis (which causes lots of pain itself) and a quite large mass in the calcaneus bone in my foot. The MRI states that it's large enough to risk having a fracture. It is close to each side of the bone, not leaving a lot of support for the foot. MRI results indicate surgery. Dr. Wagner says I need to go back to my previous doctors who were dealing with this before. For the past 10 years, I have seen Dr. Craig Jones (orthopedic oncologist) who has monitored the mass in the bone. He's always taken measurements to make sure it's not changing, etc.



Well today I have my appt with him next week to get his opinion on surgery to fill the mass with false bone or do a bone graft, hopefully taking care of some of the pain I have when walking on my heel.



The only problem is: you are not supposed to bear weight on the foot for at least 6 weeks after surgery. How does that work with teaching Kindergarten?????



Please pray..... I'll update later.





1 comment:

Lori said...

Richard has/had Plantar fasciatus too... and to answer your question you get a really good chair on wheels!

hope things work out